Friday, December 7, 2012

There are no coincidences


I have to tell you about this experience of 30 minutes ago...

Today after my pool class I was chatting with one of my classmates. She told me what a wonderful thing to do on a birthday: a water aerobics class. I told her I felt somewhat a connection to my mother's womb in a weird way: diving into the water must have been a similar experience. 

I also told her that today, on my birthday, I actually woke up at 330 with alertness at 333 to work and I got so much done. She said that she read somewhere that she heard that from many people -- that the hours of 3-5 are creativity conducive ones. We then started to speculate as to why that would be -- that there is less energy in the way, that there is less stimulation to take our attention or interrupt it, that there maybe we can draw on energy that we don't see...this led me to tell her about an interview I heard of an  astrophysicist who recently won the Nobel Prize on his proof of how much that exists is not what we can see. In fact what we can see is something like less that 3% of what actually exists. She thanked me for telling her this because she believes that there are energy sources we can tap into -- much in the same way Yogis do.

She said as I was then anxiously heading out (we were the last two people at the pool and the life guard looked like he wanted to leave) that I have to read a book called Proof of Heaven -- it's a book about a neurosurgeon who had was hospitalized with an attack of E. coli.

I paused, sighed and said "That's what I had!!!!!"

In fact, I was released from the hospital this very day, on my birthday, 3 years ago from a deadly experience with E. coli, that I'm lucky to be alive. I thanked her from the bottom of my heart and thought about this discussion all the way back home. I especially thought of how there are no accidents...of this one church sermon I attended in which the pastor said of the busy holiday season 'allow interruptions -- these are gifts' instead of flying off from experiences we might view otherwise when we have long 'to do lists'. And, of course, I couldn't help but think of the gifts my daughter in heaven sends on my birthday. Three years ago on a rainy December afternoon as I sat on the bench outside the turnabout at the hospital entrance waiting for Steve to bring me the car, I cried and instantly looked into the skies where a rainbow popped out. We don't see many rainbows in our world so to me this felt like a gift from Genevieve and immediately those tears of sadness were tears of joy. Today, I feel like she gave me this 'interruption' -- this gift. How else would I engage in such a conversation that might seem random to someone else. Today would be the day I would hop onto my computer and order that book my classmate mentioned. Here's the best part: my symbols of Genevieve that pop up at 'coincidence' times are rainbows and butterflies. Who ever knew that the butterflies on my wedding dress would be ever so symbolic?! Well, when I found the book on Amazon, the cover had a butterfly on it.

There are no coincidences. I love you, Genevieve -- thank you for such a great gift on my birthday today!




No comments:

Post a Comment